Search for

Advanced search
Home 06 July 2020
Culture Press Newspapers Larissa

Audio-Video files
No audio or video files.

Useful links
Imerisios Kirikas Online
The official website of the newspaper

Other files
No other files.
Newspapers: Subtopics All topics
There are no more subtopics under the current topic

"Imerisios Kirikas" Newspaper


print preview

The "Imerisios Kirikas" is one of the oldest newspapers of Thessaly, but also of the entire country. It first published as "Kirix" in April 1906, few years after the defeat in the war of 1897, from the lawyer of Thessalonica G. Seremeti and A. Farmaki.

Larissa then was a city of 12.000 residents, a fact that was a suspensive factor for an enterprise of editorial type. However the first step had become. That duration of life of this first editorial attempt was one month. In that period the "Kirix" played a leading part in the foundation of the Working Center, the Shooting Gallery, the Fire Brigade, the organization of the Pan-Hellenic Horse Races, the creation of the Pan-Thessalic Agricultural Exposition.

Moreover it had been connected with the Macedonian Union of Larissa, which organized and directed the Macedonian Struggle in Thessaly. Then the publication stopped to begin the second period of the newspaper from May 1923, with editor, the lawyer and Speaker of the Greek Parliament, Adam Nikolaidis, who had Alcibiades Makris as a partner. A. Nikolaidis was a politician of the People's Party of Greece and then chief editorial writer of the newspaper was Thr. Makris and journalists K. Perraivos and F. Makris

In 1931 senior editor undertook M. Perrevos with administrator M. Hadelis, up to 1941. In 1937 the "Kirix" became a co-operative enterprise of M. Perrevos, M. Hadelis and G. Zagouras.

After the suspension of its circulation, the period of the Occupation, it was published in 1945 with the title "Imerisios Kirix" and editor-director M. Hadelis, who was and chairman of the Union of the Owners of the Provincial Press. Chief editorial writer of the newspaper then was T. Grammatidis.

The years that followed were marked with important events of the Modern Greek history. The newspaper continued its interventionist role with main interest the progress and development of Larissa and its Prefecture in general.

On 13 January 1975 died the owner - editor M. Hadelis and the publication of the newspaper undertook his daughter Rena and her husband Nikos Karathanos. On their days the newspaper renewed its equipment, increased its journalists aspiring to change to the best its image maintaining the level of its journalistic writing.

In June 1989 the newspaper was bought from the businessman Ath. Zisopoulos. This period were became investments in the technological infrastructure of the newspaper, while the paper from the April of 1995 was being published in tabloid form and was colored, trying to fulfill with the better possible way his basic philosophy which was the ascendant course in combination with the offer to the city and to the Prefecture.

Since then the newspaper is continuously renewed and developed. From 1989 and after the positions of the editor-director and the chief editorial writer passed to: I. Kalogiannis, An. Giourmetakis, Th. Halkiopoulos, Ap. Tsias, Chr. Andreopoulos, Chr. Mpehlivanos and G. Sioulas, while a lot of journalists have marked with their signature the important and less important moments of this region.

In December 2001 it circulated, with the " Imerisios Kirikas ", the magazine "K-Style" in a luxurious publication and in April 2004 were added insets of various subjects.

The newspaper until today continues its effort for a decent journalism, without extremities, opinion for those which are happening in the Prefecture but also widely.

Megalou Alexandrou 37 (6th floor)
P.C. 41222
Tel.: 2410.252013 - 2410.250272 - 2410.532753 - 2410.532755
Fax: 2410.250762

Owner - Editor:
A. G. Ziso'poylos

Katerina Ath. Zisopoulou

Advertising Department - Public Relations:
Vasilis Zisopoulos
Tel.: 2410.532756